Dennis is rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer and judicial review process. For seven consecutive years, he has been recognized by Atlanta Magazine as one of the top family law attorneys in Georgia (annual Super Lawyers edition).
Dennis began his legal career at the Am Law top 100 firm Holland & Knight LLP, after which he became a partner at two of the most prestigious family law firms in Atlanta. He is an honors graduate of the Florida State University College of Law, where he was a member of the Law Review and a teaching assistant in the trial practice program. His internships emphasized trial advocacy. Before entering law school, Dennis served as a police officer.
Dennis regularly teaches classes for attorneys and law students and has been quoted about family law matters by CNN.com, National Public Radio, Atlanta’s 11Alive, the Fulton County Daily Report, WSB-TV and Creative Loafing.
Dennis is a registered neutral (mediator and arbitrator) with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution and a certified Collaborative Law attorney. He also represents the interests of children as a court appointed guardian ad litem in contentious child custody litigation.
There are many critical moving parts in family law cases and there is much at stake. In selecting an attorney, there is no substitute for experience. Dennis dedicates his practice exclusively to family law and offers knowledge that only comes from years of diligently and thoroughly handling the many complexities of litigation, from discovery to mediation to trial.Read More
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Florida Bar
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Honors, Articles and Presentations
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbel’s peer and judicial review process
- Named “Super Lawyer” in the area of family law, Atlanta Magazine’s Super Lawyer edition, 2014–2018
- Named, “Georgia Rising Star” in the area of family law, Atlanta Magazine, Super Lawyer edition, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, Georgia State University College of Law, Mercer University School of Law, and John Marshall Law School
- Speaker, Winning Settlement Strategies seminar, Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia, 2012, 2016
- Co-chair and speaker, Same Sex Legal Issues seminar, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia
- Speaker, After Marriage symposium, Florida State University College of Law, 2014
- Contributor, Library of Georgia: Family Law Forms, Daily Report Books, 2011
- Featured, Fulton County Daily Report, New Partners 2011, February 21, 2011 issue
- Speaker and panel moderator, 29th Annual Family Law Institute, Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia, 2011
- Faculty member, Family Law from A-Z, National Business Institute; 2009
- Co-author, John C. Mayoue and Dennis G. Collard, Third Party Blame – Novel and Expanding Claims, The Family Advocate, Spring 2005, Vol. 27, No. 4
Very responsive, and always kept me informed.
Explains things in concise, factual, outline form which is good for note taking and also my understanding.
Very knowledgeable and also consults with the best when necessary.
Knows what to say and when to say it. Doesn’t back down when he knows he’s right.